Welcome to Eye Care Unlimited in Boonton, New Jersey
Dear Valued Patient,
our highest priority is the health and well-being of our patients, staff and community. As we continue to monitor the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, we are following policies and guidelines set forth by the CDC and WHO in order to help prevent further spreading of the Coronavirus.
To help reduce transmission in our office and community, we are implementing temporary policies effective Monday 03/23/2020
- Our office will be postponing all routine eye exam appointments until further notice. All scheduled eye exams will automatically be canceled on a weekly basis until we get a clear from the CDC. We encourage you to reschedule your routine exam for a later time in the year.
- The office remains open for all patients with ocular emergencies ONLY. Patients with eye emergencies can be seen physically at the office, or via Telehealth (live-video conferencing or phone consultations). Please call the office at 973-299-1730 to schedule an appointment or a Telehealth session. Please check with your insurance company for Telehealth benefits.
This policy and its criteria will be re-evaluated weekly.
Eye Care Unlimited, LLC
Tired of feeling rushed by your eye doctor?
Look no further!
Our optometrist Dr. Jose S. Pierre will take the time to get to know you and your eye care health and history. It is the philosophy of our optometric practice to give every patient the same personal attention and to treat our patients the way we would expect to be treated – with respect and dignity. We strive to provide outstanding patient care and service and to make your visit as comfortable and relaxed as possible. Our focus on patient education ensures that you feel knowledgable about all aspects of your vision and eye health.
Our independent practice is conveniently located at your Walmart Vision Center in Boonton New Jersey, enabling our eye doctor to provide quality eye care at affordable prices. Families in Boonton, Parsippany, Montville, Lake Hiawatha and surrounding communities in northern New Jersey, trust our eye specialist with their primary eye care, including:
- Routine Eye Exams for all ages
- Contact Lens Services (incl. Specialty Contact Lenses)
- Disease and Allergy Treatment
- Eye Infections and Injuries (incl. Foreign Body Removal)
- Cataract and Glaucoma Testing & Treatment
- Diabetic Eye Exam
Your vision is our top priority – we are here to serve all your eye care needs. So call us today at 973-299-1730 to schedule your next appointment with Dr. Jose S. Pierre.
Please note, that every new and previous patient will need to complete a one-time Patient Online Registration prior to being seen by the doctor. If you have not completed the online registration prior to your appointment, you will be asked to do so in our office, in which case you should arrive at least 20 minutes prior to your appointment.
Please take a moment to view our extensive website and to learn about the professional eye care services our optometric physician offers to current and new patients.
A large part of the examination is finding out what the patient is experiencing and determining the type of dry eye causing the symptoms. We examine the surface of the eye under a microscope to look at the quantity and the quality of the tear film. Additionally, we examine the eyelids and the glands inside the eyelids to insure they are healthy.
There are a wide range of treatments ranging from over the counter products to specialty laser procedures. Many times using artificial tears and vitamin supplements can help boost the tear film. There are prescription eye drops that can aid in tear production as well as laser procedures for patients with more advanced dry eye.
Of course – stay hydrated and making sure you consume enough water each day. Additionally, take breaks from your computer and smart phone. I recommend the 20/20/20 Rule – take a 20 second break every 20 minutes and look 20 feet away and blink your eyes. Finally, wearing sunglasses is critical to protecting the surface of the eye and the eyelids from UV exposure.
- Monday: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed
Please call: 973-299-1730 for further instructions.
We take most medical insurance plans. Use your best judgment on urgency; if you feel you need to, find the nearest emergency room. Visit our eye emergencies page for more information.