Welcome to Eye Care Unlimited in Boonton, New Jersey
We are following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), as well as state and city health officials as we care for our patients. Below are the measures that we will take to make you feel safe and comfortable upon returning to our office. In addition, we ask that if you or anyone in your family feels sick with a cough or fever, please reschedule your appointment to minimize any possible spread of the COVID-19.
- Upon arriving in the parking lot, please call the office at 973-299-1730 to notify us that you are here.
- Patients will be encouraged to wait outside or in their car until an exam room is available. We will contact patients via text or phone call when we are ready to see you. Please keep phone on loud so you do not miss our call or text.
- Once you enter the office your temperature will be checked with a contact-less thermometer. Patients that seem sick or have with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be rescheduled.
- Patients are required to wear face masks during their entire visit, from entering to exiting the office. Hand sanitizer will be available for use throughout the office.
- We are asking that only the person being examined shows up for the appointment, no other visitors will be allowed in the waiting room. Exception: One accompanying person is allowed for minors or for anyone needing critical transportation, communication, or personal care.
- Our staff will not work at our office if they have any respiratory symptoms, and they will be screened at the start of each workday for fever and sent home if appropriate.
- Our staff will wear masks and appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) during patient hours.
- Exam rooms will be disinfected before and after every patient visit.
- Doorknobs, desks, counters, frequently touched areas, and equipment are wiped down repeatedly throughout the day.
- The waiting room will be cleaned throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available at check-in and exam rooms.
Tired of feeling rushed by your eye doctor?
Look no further!
Our optometrist Dr. Jose S. Pierre will take the time to get to know you and your eye care health and history. It is the philosophy of our optometric practice to give every patient the same personal attention and to treat our patients the way we would expect to be treated – with respect and dignity. We strive to provide outstanding patient care and service and to make your visit as comfortable and relaxed as possible. Our focus on patient education ensures that you feel knowledgable about all aspects of your vision and eye health.
Our independent practice is conveniently located at your Walmart Vision Center in Boonton New Jersey, enabling our eye doctor to provide quality eye care at affordable prices. Families in Boonton, Parsippany, Montville, Lake Hiawatha and surrounding communities in northern New Jersey, trust our eye specialist with their primary eye care, including:
- Routine Eye Exams for all ages
- Contact Lens Services (incl. Specialty Contact Lenses)
- Disease and Allergy Treatment
- Eye Infections and Injuries (incl. Foreign Body Removal)
- Cataract and Glaucoma Testing & Treatment
- Diabetic Eye Exam
Your vision is our top priority – we are here to serve all your eye care needs. So call us today at 973-299-1730 to schedule your next appointment with Dr. Jose S. Pierre.
Please note, that every new and previous patient will need to complete a one-time Patient Online Registration prior to being seen by the doctor. If you have not completed the online registration prior to your appointment, you will be asked to do so in our office, in which case you should arrive at least 20 minutes prior to your appointment.
Please take a moment to view our extensive website and to learn about the professional eye care services our optometric physician offers to current and new patients.
A large part of the examination is finding out what the patient is experiencing and determining the type of dry eye causing the symptoms. We examine the surface of the eye under a microscope to look at the quantity and the quality of the tear film. Additionally, we examine the eyelids and the glands inside the eyelids to insure they are healthy.
There are a wide range of treatments ranging from over the counter products to specialty laser procedures. Many times using artificial tears and vitamin supplements can help boost the tear film. There are prescription eye drops that can aid in tear production as well as laser procedures for patients with more advanced dry eye.
Of course – stay hydrated and making sure you consume enough water each day. Additionally, take breaks from your computer and smart phone. I recommend the 20/20/20 Rule – take a 20 second break every 20 minutes and look 20 feet away and blink your eyes. Finally, wearing sunglasses is critical to protecting the surface of the eye and the eyelids from UV exposure.
- Monday: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed
Please call us at 973-299-1730 for guidance.
During after hours please call Omni Eye Services at 973-538-7400.
Use your best judgement on urgency – find the nearest emergency room or review our emergency page for tips.